Fire protection systems sometimes damage or even destroy the items they are intended to protect. Clean agent fire suppression systems were developed to prevent damage of equipment, records, people and other assets that are vital to a business. They use gas instead of water to put out the fire without causing damage. When heat or smoke is detected, a signal is sent to the system that sends the clean agent directly to the hazardous area, usually within 10 seconds. As the clean agent fills the room, the heat is absorbed which suppresses the fire. There are many important features and benefits to using a clean agent fire suppression system.
Important Features and Benefits:
- Waterless Protection – The clean agent floods the room as a harmless gas to employees and equipment. It won’t damage electronics, files or other valuables that aren’t replaceable.
- Safety – It is non-toxic and non-corrosive and can be installed for occupied or unoccupied rooms. It’s quick action and people-safe attributes protect your employees.
- Clean-up – It doesn’t leave a residue, so there is little to no clean up needed.
- Fast Acting Protection – The system responds within seconds to extinguish the fire. The fire is put out quickly which minimizes the amount of soot and smoke in the room.
- Fire Damage Area Concentrated – Since the clean agent system responds so quickly, fire damage is usually limited to the immediate area.
- Environmentally Friendly – It is safe for the environment and has zero o-zone depletion potential.
- Minimized Downtime – It won’t take long to get your business back into action. Since the fire should have been detected and extinguished within seconds, there is no water or residue damage to clean up. The fire damage should be confined to a small area.
Call Fire Control Systems today to design and install the right clean agent fire suppression system for your business.